Every year, nearly 3000 children and teens die from gunfire, and nearly 14,000 are injured.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Texas teen shoots and kills mother and sister

Jake Evans- photo from article
This story should send chills up your spine. A Texas teen-ager decided, for no apparent reason that can be understood, to shoot and kill his mother and his sister. Read the article here:
A Parker County, Texas, teen has been arrested on suspicion of double murder after he called 911 and said he shot and killed his mother and sister.
According to police, 17-year-old Jake Evans called 911 at about 12:30 a.m. Thursday and said he'd used a .22 revolver to shoot and kill both his 48-year-old mother, Jamie Evans, and his 15-year-old sister, Mallory.
"It just kind of happened," Evans told the 911 operator in an eerily calm voice. "I've been kind of, uh, planning on killing for a while now."
When asked if he meant the two of them or just anybody, Evans responded: "Pretty much anybody."
A short time later, Parker County sheriff's deputies arrived at the Evans' family home in Annetta, a town of about 1,700 west of Fort Worth, and took him into custody without incident.
"I guess this is really selfish to say but, to me, I felt like they were just suffocating me in a way. I don't know," Evans said during the 911 call.
"Obviously, I am pretty, I guess, evil," he said.
Evans is charged with capital murder. A judge denied him bond.
"Just to let you know, I hate the feeling of killing someone, you know," Evans said in the 911 call. "I'm going to be messed up."
Wow. It's hard to know what to say to these remarks by Jake Evans. First, where did the gun come from? And second-

Every gun in the hands of a child or teen must first pass through the hands of an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your comment will be posted after being approved.